Friday, June 11, 2010

Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, and Crepes


Today was interesting. I found out how some of the people on this trip REALLY feel about me, even though they don't know they were loud enough for the entire hotel to hear! Anyway- i found new friends who don't talk about me behind my back, and we had a blast today!

We started out the day by heading to the Louvre. Come to find out, its free for those under 25 on Fridays after 6! Lucky us! Before leaving, some Americans stopped me to take a picture for them. Something about my shirt saying DETROIT tipped them off to us being American also! hee hee. So we headed over to the Musee d'Orsay, which picks up where the Louvre stops. We spent a good chunk of the day there reveling in the bounteousness that is the art world. Mostly good, some awful but still famous. A lot of Monet, and Renoir, and it gave me a chance to show off my artsy fartsy-ness and feel cool by explaining certain aspects of pieces and styles to my friends. Its been fun to get to know everyone OUTSIDE of dance! Millie had eaten a funky sandwich a few days earlier and was feeling a bit sick (flashbacks Mark?) so we took it a bit slow for her. After Orsay, we headed out for some crepes. I learned a valuable lesson today. If you say "parlez-vous l'anglais ?" and someone says yes, it means they really dont speak very good English. If you ask someone that question, and they say, "a little bit" they speak perfect English. And if they say "No, i only speak french" its a funny old black man in front of the museum! Coming home after the Louvre, my friends went home to sleep and use my laptop, while i took a stroll down the streets of paris to find some place to eat. I came across this place called "Indiana Cafe" and had the most amazing chicken curry ive every tasted.. ever. Not only was the rice awesome, but it was stacked in a perfect little pyramid. I stared for a bit before i even ate. To top if all off, the world cup started tonight, and France and Uruguay tied i believe, 0-0. But, being in France, it was crazy downtown, and people kept trying to talk to me and i just smiled and said..

"Im American"

so they walked away, and i walked back home for the night!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like this trip has been a lot of drama! can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete